Part of the Dark Attic Challenges! This lovely digital image from Delicious Doodles called Gothic Deadly Night Shade - isn't she beautiful?! (find her and many others at this link).
This beautiful digital stamp lent itself very well to this book I found in a charity shop. I decided to add it as my first page - stuck down with my colall all purpose glue. It was a bit tricksy getting the paper around the string, but all in all I think it looks rather wonderful!! I might distress the edges with a little distress tool or scissors, but I'm undecided yet!!!
She's coloured in with Promarkers and then cut down to fit into the book. Then I used Walnut Stain Distress Ink pad to darken around the edges - it really frames the page!
Thursday, 21 April 2016
Hello and thank you for visiting my blog from the IndigoBlu Blog Challenge!
I've used an A4 folder that I bought cheap from a supermarket. The cover is a white with various pastel stripes on it - it's not to my taste, so I decided to cover it!
I have some napkins I'm not keen on, so I separated the layers (in this case 3 ply) and scrunched them up ready to stick to the folder, using my IndigoBlu Slap-It-On! As the folder originally had a shiny gloss surface, the glue took a while longer than normal to dry. Once dry, a coat of Gee-Sso Good! (White) and then after that dried, a coat of Pantry White.
I left it to dry and then attacked with lots of spring colour paints, watered down in spritz bottles. All paints used are IndigoBlu paints, Banana Custard, Townhouse Teal, Wimberry Pie, Aladdin, Cinderella & Emerald City. After I'd left that to dry, not all paints had dried fully, I watered down an little Gee-Sso Good White and gave the whole folder a white wash to soften the background colours and blend. This works best if you paint in one direction only, I chose diagonally (not Diagon Alley, though that would have been cool!!!)
Gave the frame and the folder a once over with the Goldfinger Metallic paint using dry brush method and lightly going over to just catch edges/raised areas.
I decided then to add more texture by using the Texture Stencil with some lovely texture paste.
I stamped a selection of stamps onto tissue using Smokey Grey Versafine ink and then stuck them on the folder using my Slap-it-on. I applied a spritz of watered down Snow White Metallic paint randomly, but mostly partly on the the bits I'd just stamped. I used my finger to just gently rub/smear the spritz's about, so they didn't obscure the stamped images, or weren't too thick a layer of paint.
After that, I stamped up a butterfly, from the Wild meadow set of stamps onto the IndigoBlu white stamping paper, and cut to size, distressed using Walnut stain distress ink, and also a little watered down Townhouse Teal paint. I ruffed up the edges with a little distress tool and inked again on the edges with the distress ink.
I did the same for the "BEAUTY" sentiment, from the Words Block #1 by Mike Deakin, but without the ruffing of the edges.
A few bits of odds and ends of lace and old curtains, one of which I dipped into watered down TownHouse Teal and then dried with my heat tool to help heat set it (as I'd watered down the paint, it will no longer be a full fabric paint, but for the purposes of this, as I will not be washing it, it works really well to match to the artwork).
And here you go! The completed cover for my folder. Spring Is In The Air - well, I've picked the colours that to me are spring like, and added birds and butterflies! I hope you like it!
Stamp A5 Mr Darcy
Stamp A5 Wild Meadow
Stamp A5 Sarah's Choice
Stamp A5 Word Blocks
Stamp Dinky Butterfly
Stamp Dinky Ink Splat Butterfly
Stamp Dinky Peony
Paints Acrylic Metallic
Slap it on
Thank you for checking out the IndigoBlu Blog challenge. You can return to the blog here!