Friday 6 June 2014

What a glorious day!

Hello fellow bloggers,  I hope my blog reaches someone today!!

I have been very busy with work this multi-weathered week - graphic design work, as well as crafting in preparation for a shopping event this Saturday in the local social club where I live.

I would like to share a very quick little canvas project I made yesterday and would certainly appreciate any feedback.

So here it is - for this I have used mainly IndigoBlu products (with the except of the canvas, which I believe I purchased in The Works a few years ago - oh, and I coloured the poppies with 'Poppy' and 'Marsh Green' ProMarker pens).

I've used a range of the IndigoBlu products, which I would highly recommend! Firstly, I applied Gee-So Good! in black to the blank canvas. Due to speed, I used the heat-gun to help it dry, and it worked well!!! However, if you have 'blobs' of gesso, they bubble so sort of swoosh the heat gun quickly over top of it to dry.

Next, I applied some of their amazingly thick and juicy English Cottage paints! In this I used a mixture of "Grandma's Teacup", "Peppermint Tea"  and "Hot Cocoa". (haha, I didn't realise until just now, that they are all sort of hot drink related names!!) Aaaaaaanyhow, I blobbed on the paint, and randomly swooshed about - trying to give the impression of sky and earth.

Next, using Ranger Black Archival I stamped onto some cheap tissues (2 ply are good, as you use less, and therefore waste less...however, if you can separate before stamping, all the better). I used IndigoBlu stamp set "Poppy Meadow" for the majority of the stamping, with the addition of the swallows from the "Mr Darcy" set. These were very quickly dried with the heat gun before tearing carefully around the edges of the stamped images. (I managed to rip into the image a few times, but no matter, as it's easily fixed in the next step...)

Using the IndigoBlu "Slap It On" product (you just have to love the names of their products!!), I applied the stamped tissue onto my canvas. If you look at the focus poppy, you will see that I have overlaid, and also reversed one of the poppies, which you can do with the tissue/slap it on combo, as the image is just as good reverse!

Next I used some IndigoBlu Mega Flakes, "Yorkshire Dales" - and oh wow, when I opened the box, which I did for the first time yesterday, just, wow again, the colours are totally amazing! I applied the flakes to a piece of smooth paper, using my flitterglu, then stamped the butterfly image onto this (using black Stazon to ensure it would stamp to the flakes). The butterfly was from an exclusive IndigoBlu set that came free with Simply Cards&Papercraft a few months ago. This I cut around, and applied to the canvas, using Cosmic Shimmer glue.

Lastly, which you can't see in this photo, I went around the edges of the canvas with the black GeeSoGood! to finish the image and give it a lift only a frame can do! Voila! I hope you like!

This was not unintentionally done due to D-Day, it was a random choice to use the poppies, but feel it is a fitting piece to share on this of all days.


2 comments:

  1. A beautiful canvas, thank you for sharing how you did it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous. I love the subtle backing with those beautiful red poppies popping out at you. Gorgeous layers and the butterfly gives it a rich glamourously finish.

    I have some digi blog candy on my blog if you are interested.

    <3 & hugs
    Lisa xxxx

    ReplyDelete