Thursday 4 June 2015

Posie Pockets

Hello and welcome to my IndigoBlu Blog Challenge Inspirational piece!

If you have come from the IndigoBlu Blog - then click this line to go back.

Otherwise, still go have a look at all the other wonderful inspirational pieces from the IndigoBlu demonstrator team! (I can assure you, you will not be disappointed!)

In the meantime, I hope you have a nosy below and that you like what I have created - I had fun making this and I hope this will make you want to get out those papers!

The challenge this month is "A Pocketful of Posies", which got me thinking about pockets... So I made all sorts of pockets - little library card pockets, pocket shaped pockets, and settled on using a card with 2 pockets on it.

And here is the result:

A card with pockets, holding tags with flowers on!

Here you can see the pockets (I hope!)

The card was very simple to make - it is basically 2 A6 cards. I have folded both the pages, diagonally,  to create the 'pockets', added the paper (all from one 6x6 sheet of IndigoBlu paper), then glued it to the other card, just along the sides and bottom, ensuring I leave the middle and tops free for the tags to go into the pockets.


The tags

I've stamped the tags using the new Poppy stamps! I've taken from both the Giant Poppy A5 set and also the Poppycock A6. I stamped with Versafine Vintage Sepia, and coloured in with Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolours, then distressed the edges with Distress Ink Walnut Stain.

My chicken, Georgie, wondering what I'm doing
And here is my chicken - she was watching very curiously, while I took photos of the card in a big plant pot of ornamental grass (which my cat usually likes to sleep on in fact!)


I really hope you like this, I really did have lots of fun making this, I tried to make a pretty card, but I couldn't help myself, I had to grunge it up!

Peace & harmony to all,

Maxine xxx

1 comment: