Friday 4 December 2015

Winter Blues Diffused Candle Holder


Welcome back to my blog! So we are mid way through the IndigoBlu blog challenge, and here is my inspirational piece!

This time, I've taken a little glass jar, and made a really cute little candle holder with it - I've used a battery operated one (for safety).

I wanted to add the Mega Flake to the glass, but the sides were not flat enough, so, no problem, I used tissue instead!!!

'Ink up' your stamp as usually using FlitterGlu and apply to tissue! Don't press for too long. This is my first time using the FlitterGlu on tissue, but one of our lovely Demonstrators, Lydia Tarry, showed us it's possible!!!!  I stamped up a few more than I needed, so that I could pick the best ones.


For this sample, I have used Royal Peacock - mainly because it has some gorgeous blues in it!

Using my SlapItOn Tissue Paper glue, I placed 3 of my Mega Flake baubles onto 3 of the six sides. I then covered the complete jar with the SlapItOn and left if to dry. This left it with a diffused look, rather than just plain glass. It looks really great!

I used Grandma's Teacup and Snow White English Cottage Acrylic paints on the lid and flowers. I basically covered with the lid with scrunched up tissue, and applied that with my SlapItOn. Dried it (with my heat gun = I'm not patient!!) and splodged watered down Grandma's Teacup on it. I dried that off and then dry brushed a little Snow White over the top.

I did the same with a few white paper flowers, which I layered up to create a lovely big flower! The centre of the flower is adorned with 3 blue pearls, which I rolled into my FlitterGlu covered Phat Foam, and then dipped into an iridescent glitter.

Pop in the candle, pop on the lid, and let it glow...!




1 comment: